Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens - Winter Light Festival
Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens - Winter Light Festival - January 30th 2021, Saturday, 6:30 PMBuy Tickets
Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions we cannot accommodate walk-in ticket sales as the garden needs to restrict the number of guests in the garden per hour. All those wishing to attend the Winter Light Festival MUST pre-purchase their tickets online or by calling the garden at 403-328-3511 (Thursday to Sunday, 3PM-9PM) or the ENMAX Ticket Centre at 403-329-7328 (Mon-Fri, 11AM-4PM). If you have any issues or questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will be available on a first come, first serve basis in half hour intervals and will NOT be available for purchase onsite. Make sure to plan ahead to ensure you are able to visit the garden this winter! We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we mitigate new regulations.
Kodomo [Children] ages 6-15: $8 - Includes hot beverage and Tomo sugar cookie
Children 5 and under are free! All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please see our Events Calendar for a list of upcoming events and programming before you arrive!
Tomodachi [Friendship] Package: $26
Share a moment of serenity with a loved one.
Includes two admissions to the garden, two Nikka Yuko signature Matcha Maple cookies, and two regular beverages (coffee, green tea, hot chocolate, water).
Kazoku [Family] Package: $60
Enjoy the lights with the whole family!
Includes five admissions to the garden, five Nikka Yuko signature Matcha Maple cookies, and five regular beverages (coffee, green tea, hot chocolate, water).
City Light Tour with California Dream Limousine: $700
Enjoy a truly VIP experience this season aboard a limo bus from California Dream Limousine! Your private tour includes room for up to 20 guests and will take you through the city to view the many beautiful light displays before dropping you off at Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden to walk through our winter wonderland. You and your guests will receive hot beverages and cookies upon arrival at the garden. (Add a shot of Peppermint Schnapps or Baileys for an additional charge). This is a private experience and is subject to availability. This package must be booked directly through Nikka Yuko by calling 403-328-3511.
Includes pick up and drop off from the ENMAX Centre parking lot, a one hour tour of Lethbridge, one hour at Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden, and hot beverages and cookies for 20 people. City Light Tours can only be booked on open public nights (typically Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays) and are subject to availability.
To book the garden for private events for your staff, family, or friends please see our Kamakura [Igloo] Winter Matsuri [Festival] Experiences!
- The Garden is a smoke and vape-free environment
- No climbing on trees or going off the pathways, particularly on the ariso [flat rock] beaches
- Guests must take their shoes off to enter the pavilion or use provided shoe covers in order to protect the wood floors (pavilion is not open during the winter months)
- Please keep Nikka Yuko concession items outside of the pavilion. Outside food and beverages are not permitted other than water bottles.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions, shoes and shirts are required for all guests.
- Masks are required for all guests while inside the pavilion or Visitors Centre as per the City of Lethbridge bylaw (children aged 2 and under are exempt)
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in the garden at any time, with the exception of certified service animals
- The garden does not allow drone photography/filming at any time
Due to regulations and restrictions from Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta, we have the following policies in place for all guests visiting Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden this season. Please read them to ensure a smooth visit to our garden:
- If you, anyone in your household or anyone you've been in contact with in the past 14 days have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you're currently waiting for test results for COVID-19 we ask that you do not visit Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden at this time. Symptoms include fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, and/or sore throat.
- If you communicate to staff during your visit that any of the above applies to you, you will be asked to leave the garden. Your admission will be refunded and we will be happy to arrange a visit at a later date.
- Masks are mandatory for all guests (those two and under are exempt) while visiting Nikka Yuko, both indoors and outdoors. Disposable masks are provided for guests, or you may wish to wear your own.
- Guests may only attend within their household cohort groups. Guests who arrive in groups larger than their immediate household will be required to stagger their entry and must keep a distance of two metres from all other attendees outside their household.
- Please follow social distancing protocols (2 metres/6 feet) between other guests to Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden.
- Please follow all signage and our self-guided brochure to prevent congestion - the garden is currently set up for one-way traffic through the paths only.
- Please ask for assistance when wanting to make a purchase in our gift shop.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance either online or through the ENMAX or Yates Ticketing Centre. There will be NO ticket sales onsite during the Winter Light Festival and we will not be able to accommodate walk-in traffic. Please plan ahead and purchase your tickets in advance.
- Touchless payment (credit cards and debit cards) are preferred over cash, when possible.
- The garden is limited to 200 guests per hour, two cohort groups in the Visitors Centre at one time. This may mean you need to wait to access specific areas, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
- Please leave large bags and backpacks at home or in your vehicle.
- All programming and activities reflect physical distancing guidelines. Please do NOT move the seating provided in certain locations. Do NOT move any signage throughout the garden.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided throughout the garden and facilities.
- Washrooms have frequent sanitation and are restricted to TWO individuals from the same household at one time.
- Public spaces, displays and non-wood surfaced seating are cleaned at regular intervals
- Feel free to ask for gloves during your visit if you need them for engaging with hands-on activities.
- All staff will be equipped with face masks, gloves, and are washing and sanitizing their hands frequently.
- Feel free to stop to take photos, but please be aware of other guests who may be waiting to pass and do not block the pathways.
- Please provide feedback to staff on how we can better serve you during this time.