Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens - Ochakai (Tea) Package (3PM)
Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens - Ochakai (Tea) Package (3PM) - September 26th 2020, Saturday, 3:00 PMBuy Tickets
Ochakai (Tea) Package
Available Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 11AM or 3PM only. Beginning September 1, Ochakai packages will only be available on Fridays at 3pm and Saturdays at 11am & 3pm.
Immerse yourself in Japanese culture with a beautiful tea ceremony demonstration at Nikka Yuko. This package must be booked in advance and is limited to 10 guests per time slot.
Includes one admission to the garden, a half-hour-long tea ceremony demonstration, matcha tea, and Japanese sweets. There will be time for questions and discussion after the presentation. This package also includes access to all exhibits and programming and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure.
- The Garden is a smoke and vape-free environment
- No climbing on trees or going off the pathways
- Guests must take their shoes off to enter the pavilion or use provided shoe covers in order to protect the wood floors
- Please keep Nikka Yuko concession items outside of the pavilion. Outside food and beverages are not permitted other than water bottles.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions, shoes and shirts are required for all guests.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in the garden at any time, with the exception of certified service animals
Due to regulations and restrictions from Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta, we have the following policies in place for all guests visiting Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden this season. Please read them to ensure a smooth visit to our garden:
- If you, anyone in your household or anyone you've been in contact with in the past 14 days have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you're currently waiting for test results for COVID-19 we ask that you do not visit Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden at this time. Symptoms include fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, and/or sore throat.
- If you communicate to staff during your visit that any of the above applies to you, you will be asked to leave the garden. Your admission will be refunded and we will be happy to arrange a visit at a later date.
- Please follow social distancing protocols (2 metres/6 feet) between other guests to Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden.
- Please follow all signage and our self-guided brochure to prevent congestion - the garden is currently set up for one-way traffic through the paths only.
- Please ask for assistance when wanting to make a purchase in our gift shop.
- Online admission is preferred, when possible. Tickets purchased online can be shown at the main gates for scanning.
- Touchless payment (credit cards and debit cards) are preferred over cash, when possible.
- The garden is limited to 75 guests per hour, 15 guests in the Visitors Centre at one time, and 15 guests in the Pavilion at one time. This may mean you need to wait to access specific areas, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
- Please leave large bags and backpacks at home or in your vehicle.
- All programming and activities reflect physical distancing guidelines. Please do NOT move the seating provided in certain locations. Do NOT move any signage throughout the garden.
- Face masks are not mandatory for guests, but we strongly encourage guests to wear them when inside the Visitors Centre and Pavilion. We have disposable masks available for guests and sell reusable cloth masks in our gift shop.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided throughout the garden and facilities.
- Washrooms have frequent sanitation and are restricted to TWO individuals from the same household at one time.
- Public spaces, displays and non-wood surfaced seating are cleaned at regular intervals
- Feel free to ask for gloves during your visit if you need them for engaging with hands-on activities.
- Please provide feedback to staff on how we can better serve you during this time.