Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens - Ochakai (Tea) Package (3PM)
Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens - Ochakai (Tea) Package (3PM) - October 10th 2020, Saturday, 3:00 PMBuy Tickets
Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden Hours
Thursdays to Monday, 10AM to 5:30PM (last entry at 5PM)
The garden will open to the public on June 11. Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden will open on June 11! We are taking special precautions to ensure the safety of our guests and staff and encourage you to purchase your tickets online rather than at the garden, when possible. We are limiting our guests to 50 per hour and only 10 guests in our Visitors Centre at one time and 10 guests in our Pavilion at one time. Depending on the day, you may need to wait a few minutes before entering these areas of the garden. We ask for your patience and consideration as we adapt to these new regulations. Please see our COVID-19 regulations below prior to visiting Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden.
Includes admission to the garden, access to all exhibits and programming within the garden and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure. Due to ongoing considerations with the COVID-19 outbreak, guided tours will not be offered at this time. However, our knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions you might have or provide you with more information on Nikka Yuko or the history of Japanese Canadians in this area. Drinks and snacks are not included unless stated. Please see the events calendar to see what's happening at the garden before you go!
Adults (19+): $10
Kodomo (Child) (6-18 years): $10 - (includes children's self-tour guide and activity book, Tomo Sugar Cookie, and Nikka Yuko postcard. Choose between crayons or a regular beverage)
5 and under: Free (All children must be accompanied by an adult)
Tomodachi (Friendship) Package: $22
Share a moment of serenity with a loved one.
Includes two admissions to Nikka Yuko, two regular beverages (coffee, tea, bottled water), and two signature Matcha Maple cookies. This package also includes access to all exhibits and programming and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure.
Kazoku (Family) Package: $55
Enjoy the garden with the whole family!
Includes five admissions to Nikka Yuko, five regular beverages (coffee, tea, bottled water), and five signature Matcha Maple cookies. This package also includes access to all exhibits and programming and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure.
Olympic Tochi (Torch) Package: $21
Celebrate the upcoming Tokyo 2021 Olympics and take home your own Olympic torch!
Includes one admission to the garden and one take-home light-up Olympic torch. This package also includes access to all exhibits and programming and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure.
Ohayo Gozaimasu (Good Morning) Package: $9
Available Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays between 10AM and 12PM only.
Start the day off right with a quiet morning in Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden!
Includes one admission to the garden and a complimentary tea or coffee. This package also includes access to all exhibits and programming and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure.
Ochakai (Tea) Package: $21
Available Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 11AM or 3PM only.
Immerse yourself in Japanese culture with a beautiful tea ceremony demonstration at Nikka Yuko. This package must be booked in advance and is limited to 10 guests per time slot.
Includes one admission to the garden, an hour-long tea ceremony demonstration, matcha tea, and Japanese sweets. This package also includes access to all exhibits and programming and a comprehensive self-guided tour brochure.
Due to ongoing considerations with the COVID-19 outbreak, we ask that you call ahead if you have a group of 10 or more people planning to visit the garden. At this time we can only allow a maximum of 50 guests in the garden at one time so please call Nikka Yuko at 403-328-3511 so that we can ensure to properly accommodate your group.
Due to regulations and restrictions from Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta, we have the following policies in place for all guests visiting Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden this season. Please read them to ensure a smooth visit to our garden:
- If you, anyone in your household or anyone you've been in contact with in the past 14 days have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you're currently waiting for test results for COVID-19 we ask that you do not visit Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden at this time. Symptoms include fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, and/or sore throat.
- If you communicate to staff during your visit that any of the above applies to you, you will be asked to leave the garden. Your admission will be refunded and we will be happy to arrange a visit at a later date.
- Please follow social distancing protocols (2 metres/6 feet) between other guests to Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden.
- Please follow all signage and our self-guided brochure to prevent congestion - the garden is currently set up for one-way traffic through the paths only.
- Please ask for assistance when wanting to make a purchase in our gift shop.
- Online admission is preferred, when possible. Tickets purchased online can be shown at the main gates for scanning.
- Touchless payment (credit cards and debit cards) are preferred over cash, when possible.
- The garden is limited to 50 guests per hour, 10 guests in the Visitors Centre at one time, and 10 guests in the Pavilion at one time. This may mean you need to wait to access specific areas, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
- Please leave large bags and backpacks at home or in your vehicle.
- All programming and activities reflect physical distancing guidelines. Please do NOT move the seating provided in certain locations. Do NOT move any signage throughout the garden.
- Face masks are not mandatory for guests, but they can be purchased at the Visitors Centre if you'd like one.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided throughout the garden and facilities.
- Washrooms have frequent sanitation and are restricted to TWO individuals from the same household at one time.
- Public spaces, displays and non-wood surfaced seating are cleaned at regular intervals
- Feel free to ask for gloves during your visit, if you need them for engaging with hands-on activities.
- Please provide feedback to staff on how we can better serve you during this time.